Indian bicycle industry is the second largest bicycle manufacturing industry in the world and takes care of 40% of the total revenue generated. In the recent times, the definition of the cycles has changed as the segment is escalating. The cycle segment is assumed to see a commendable hike in the near future and the credit should also be given to the lifestyle segment.
At present, the lifestyle segment has become the definition of the high-end premium bicycles in the country. Although the cycle segment is evolving at snail’s pace in the country, the gradual growth of the segment has given a reason that approaching more and more customers via online selling theme can turn the ball game of the segment.
In the erstwhile, online shopping has emerged as the largest industry in India. Online shopping has totally changed the shopping experience of people. Within a few clicks you get to buy a variety of your needful things at your doorstep. Snapdeal and Amazon, the leading e-commerce websites in India are selling bicycles online along with the other items so that the riders can easily buy them.
The list of the cycle brands which sell their offering online are:
1. Hero- Hero, headquartered in Ludhiana, Punjab, has registered itself as the largest bicycle manufacturer globally. The outstanding innovative technology and pocket friendly prices has made the company a numero uno choice of many riders. Hero cycle limited is offering products in many segments for kids, youngsters and professionals.
2. Avon- Avon originally started with the spare parts of the bicycle but with each of the passing days the company followed its commitment of offering the best in class highly innovative products to the riders worldwide. Avon also has expertise in keep-fit series and electric powered vehicles.
3. Cosmic- Cosmic, the Arizona based company, initially started as a one stop solution of the bicycle repairs and later launched its own bicycle series. The products of this manufacture also captured much attention and have been sold across the globe. The product portfolio of the brand attracts most of the professionals towards it.
4. B-twin- Apart from the aforementioned E-commerce websites, B-twin is also available at the Decathlon official India website. Decathlon is a world renowned name amongst the adventure seekers and professionals as the brand serves the best adventure fit products in sports.
5. Hercules- Hercules is one of the oldest brands which entered India in 1951 and was sold to the TI group of India. The company was started in England and the name was locked because of the robust and long-lasting nature of its products.
6. BSA- Birmingham Small Arms Company was acquired by the TI group of India and since then all the operations of the brand have been carried by the Indian company. BSA cycles are available at the E-commerce sites.
BSA launched their premium series under the Montra brand and some of the models of this series are being sold at Snapdeal.