Cars Through CSD Buying Process
The government has made provision of providing automobiles including two-wheelers, four-wheelers and tractors through the CSD route to a select level of personnel working for the Ministry of Defence. While the exact details of purchase through this route are still sketchy, we have tried to make sure that the information presented here is as accurate and up-to-date as possible.Documentation
Doucments for Loan on a CSD Car
As is the case with cars purchased by general Indian citizens, the cars procured via the CSD route can also be financed. There are some DSA's (direct sales agent) in various cities which specialise in this and help you with the paperwork as well. These DSAs have tie-up with banks like Kotak Mahindra and ICICI. You need not go to the CSD depot for the paperwork ( the DSA can they do it for a small fee) and can take the delivery of the vehicle from the dealership of the manufacturer. Alternatively, the DSA can have their representative drive it down to your city also. The documents required for loan are:
Note: Co-borrower required if age of borrower and duration of loan exceeds 60 and/or Co-borrower is making payment.
Documents for Registration of the CSD Vehicle
- Copy of CSD Receipt
- CSD Sales Certificate in original
- Dealers Sales Certificate in original
- Temporary Registration in original
- Form 22 in original
- Copy of Invoice
- Copy of Insurance Cover Note
- Copy of Address proof (Any one)
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- House Allotment Letter
- Voter ID-Card
- Copy of Address Proof (Serving Officers) - Housing allotment letter or certificate from Unit
- 3 passport size Photographs
- Copy of Manufacturer Invoice
Format for Sanction Letter
Name, rank, address and contact number
Integrated HQ of MOD (Army)
Quartermaster General's Branch
Dy. Dte. Gen. Canteen Services
Room No. 14A, L – 1 Block,
Church Road, New Delhi – 110001
Contact No. 011-23093572
(Please cover the following aspects in your letter to QMG Branch )
- Please sent your letter through speed post to the above given address and keep copy for your record.
- Your letter to QMG Branch.
- Date of last car purchased from CSD.
- Reason for special sanction.
- Make and model of the car to be purchased.
- Name of the Depot from where the car is to be purchased.
- Min re-purchase period for a CSD car is 2 years
- Delhi CSD does not sell cars so you have to get them from Punjab, Haryana or rajasthan.
- Other discounts like corporate discount / loyalty bonus / exchange bonus etc are generally not offered for CSD cars but some special schemes are passed on. Do check for these.
- You need to get the vehicle on Temp registration ( validity one month) and get it registered where you live later on.
- The vehicle is registered in the name of the officer/ retired officer.
- CSD prices of new cars can differ quite a bit from place to place and the DSA will guide you to a dealer he is close to.
- The cheapest states to buy a CSD car are Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. One doesn’t need to be posted to a unit in the state from where you are buying a CSD car.