Top Bicycle Brands in India
- Monday, August 27, 2012, 13:08
- BMX, Cycles, Firefox, Hero, Merida, News, Others, Track & Trail, TREK
- Add a comment
In India the production of bicycles is approximately 10 per cent of the world annual bicycle production, which is around 125 Million units.
Bicycles were in production much before the freedom struggle in India, used for commuting. There were very few bicycle manufacturers. Now over the decades time has totally changed, not only local cycle brands but imported bicycle brands have hit the Indian market and have setup their outlets across the country.
Let’s have a look at the list of the top bicycle brands in India :
1. Hero: It’s a 50 years old cycle company which has managed to fulfill the demands of Indians of riding his first bike. There are many stores and distribution centrees spread all over the country.
2. BSA: The brand came to Indian in 1975 and gave its first sports light roadster designed to improve the comfort of a ride. And in 1994, the brand introduced Ladybird to promote cycling among young girls as well.
3. Atlas: The company Atlas has been in India for over 5 decades. It is a trusted manufacturer from north India which has a wide network for its sales and service.
4. Firefox: When Firefox came to India, the cycling scene changed dramatically with the introduction of an imported range of 30 models into the Indian market. Corrently, the brand offers cycles which meet the demand of every customes ranging from offroad to regular commuting bikes.
5. Hercules: The first bike by Hercules was introduced in 1951. The brand is known for its sturdy and muscular cycles.
6. BMX: Firefox and La Sovereign are the leading retailers in manufacturing and importing BMX bikes. If you are an active kid then your first bike has to be a BMX.
7. Cannondale: Cannondale is very popular in European countries and has also won major events like Tour De France. Track and Trail is the leading importer of the bikes in India.
8. La Sovereign: La Sovereign is a first ever joint venture between Thailand & India Based companies to market Bicycle & Kids Toys of superior quality. They have been known for stylish product and world class designs.
9. Schnell: The brand has got latest technology and trend. It’s been one of the most progressive and dynamic brands in India.
10. Maxit: Maxit makes cycles as well as gym cycle equipment. Ideally you will find their products at hypercity malls and at reasonably priced.
11. Fuji: It is difficult to find Fuji dealer in India. Best if ordered online.
12. Bianchi: Track and Trail is the leading importer for Bianchi bicycles.
13. Merida: APPL Bikes Ltd. the exclusive distributor of Merida Bikes in India. German engineering with impeccable Taiwanese manufacturing and the practical input of the Multivan Merida Biking Team the Number 1 mountain biking team in the World.
14. Trek: Firefox is the leading importer of Trek bicycles in India.
15. Rock Riders: The brand is not well established in India but has the potential and might be at better level in the coming year.
16. Optimistic: This brand have not yet entered India bicycle market, but might see the light in a year or two.