Ashok Leyland launches Dost LCV at Rs 3.79 lakh
- Friday, September 30, 2011, 15:46
- Ashok Leyland, Delivery Vans, Launches, Trucks
- 9,306 views
- 19 comments
The Indian LCV or the Light Commercial Vehicle segment is also heating up. Ashok Leyland recently launched a new offering for the segment in the form of the Dost – priced at Rs 3.79 lakh, ex-showroom. This also the first vehicle from the Ashok Leyland – Nissan JV and the higher version costs Rs 4.37 lakh, ex-showroom. The Dost has a load capacity of 1.25 tonnes and comes powered by a 3 cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine. This unit puts out a respectable 55Bhp of power along with 150Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmssion.
Dost will be sold in both BS3 and BS4 markets. Some of the features are
1. Front Transverse leaf suspension
2. Load Sensing Proportioning Valve (LSPV) technology
3. Base model comes without power steering
4. Mid model comes with power steering
5. Top model comes with air-con in addition to power steering
Ashok Leyland will also offer different versions based on the Dost for various applications. The initial launch will be in the four Southern states namely Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Later, it will be launched in Gujarat and Maharashtra followed by a nationwide launch.
Source – http://indianautosblog.com/